SURGICAL IMPLANT PLANNING MASTER CLASS
This is an advanced, hands-on surgical training course. It is intended for clinicians who currently have a basic level of implant surgical experience wishing to perform more complex implant procedures. For the first time at the Seaforth Oral Surgery Education Center, dentists will have the opportunity to place implants on patients under direct mentorship from our experienced surgeons.
DATES: October 19 & 20, 2018
- 8:00 – 8:30 am Registration and breakfast
- 8:30 am – 4:30 pm Presentation with lunch
CANDIDATES FOR THIS COURSE
To successfully enroll in, and finish this course, clinicians must already be proficient in implant prosthetic treatment, and comfortable with single implant-supported crown treatments. Furthermore, participants should ideally have some experience in basic dento-alveolar and implant surgery.
This is a two-phased master-class, including theoretical and practical portions.
The theoretical portion occurs over two days; October 19th and 20th. It includes the review of the implants dentistry fundamentals, including topics such as the basics of surgical treatment planning, case assessment, advanced treatment planning for complex cases, long-term maintenance, and peri-implantitis, to name a few.
IMPORTANT: The theoretical portion also includes a hands-on session allowing you to familiarize yourselves with the surgical armamentarium for implant surgery, as well as practicing osteotomy preparation on plastic models.
The practical portion of the course involves actual implant placement on the patients. Each participant and their assisting teams will be invited to perform four implant surgeries on selected patients. Additionally, they will have a one-on-one exclusive training as a Seaforth Oral Surgery surgeon will be scrubbed in during the surgery.
Please note that the participating dentists themselves will have to recruit the patients taking part in this program. Each case will be assessed prior to the surgery date to make sure that it is appropriate for the objectives of this course. Read more on the patient selection process and the benefits that you can offer your patients below.
Registration deadline: September 7, 2018
- No payment required at the time of online registration
- Following online registration, you will get a call from Dr. Marc Shenouda to enroll you in the course and to explain how to proceed with the payment
Payment deadline: September 15, 2018
We require 14 days cancellation notice prior to the start of the course. 50% of the total amount will be charged if you notify us about your cancellation after September 22, 2018.
* Only 12 spots are available for Surgical Implant Planning master-class, claim yours now!*
How to select the right patients for this course
We strongly encourage participants to identify patients prior to the extraction of the tooth they aim to replace. This way, our surgeons will be able to take the dentists through the steps of a traumatic surgical extractions and socket grafting prior to the implant surgery. Mature/healed edentulous sites are also acceptable.
The ideal cases are patients who have a posterior (maxillary or mandibular) missing tooth but are in good general health and show no signs of periodontal disease.
Each case will be assessed prior to the surgery date to make sure that it is appropriate for the objectives of this course.
Advantages for the patients
- Reduced cost of treatment. Straumann Canada will be offering the prosthetic components to restore those implants at no cost to your patients. This results in significant cost incentive to the patient.
- Security of knowing that their care is under the supervision of experienced oral & maxillofacial surgeons with a tremendous experience in implant surgery.
- Each patient will have a no charge pre-operative CBCT to assess case complexity and plan surgical treatment.